Building and part-time / full-time residence
If you are interested in building a shed to store items you use while visiting your property, please be aware of some time-tested Do’s and Dont’s and some County regulations you should be aware of.
- Do read and abide by the Coconino County Shed Q&A stipulations when constructing a shed.
- Do make the shed rodent proof – no holes or cracks to the exterior larger than 1/4 inch
- Do catch water from the roof shed while you’re away to use for washing, etc when you use your property
- Do lock your shed when you’re away
- Don’t leave any food or liquids in your shed that could freeze
- Don’t leave flammable liquids in your shed when you’re away
If you’re interested in living on the ranch full or part-time, you must either build a home or bring in a manufactured home that is no more than 5 years old. Both residences meet all the criteria outline in our CC&Rs, the Coconino County Zoning Ordinance the Coconino County Building & Safety regulations and the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality regulations.
You are allowed to live in a RV or travel trailer for up to 90 contiguous days in a year per the Coconino County Zoning Ordinance; however, even though allowed by the Coconino County Zoning Ordinance for Zone G, per our CC&Rs, you ARE NOT allowed to use a RV or travel trailer as a permanent residence on the ranch.
To find out more about building and living in Four Hills Ranch, please select your topic of interest from the Building & Living sub-menu.